Wednesday 5 April 2017

T5W- Favourite Sci-Fi/Fantasy TBR





Hey guys, it's time for this weeks Top 5 Wednesday! If you don't know what this is, it's a weekly meme where we pick our top 5 things relating to a certain theme, usually bookish related. I'll leave the link to the Goodreads page here as that will definitely be able to explain it better than I can.

This weeks theme is: favourite sci-fi/fantasy books on your TBR- the books you want to read ASAP.

There are honestly like a million books that fit this topic so it was difficult to choose just 5 but I managed to do it so let's just get on with it!


1. Gemina by Amie Kaufman and Jay Kristoff

Illuminae is my favourite read of the year so far so I'm so so excited to read the second book in this series in the hope that it's just as good as the first. The characters are all so amazing and I adore the format/layout and how unique it is. I know that Gemina also follows this format so I already know I'm going to love the writing. This will probably be the next book I read.
2. The Elite by Kiera Cass

You will notice most of the books on this list are sequels of books I loved because I'm so so bad at reading series. This is the second book in The Selection series and it's the most intense series ever. It's literally like the book version of reality TV and although the main character really annoys me, I still loved the first book and can't wait to see where it goes.


3. Caraval by Stephanie Garber

I feel like this was on everybody's most anticipated debuts of the year list, and although I own it, I still haven't read it yet! I know, I'm terrible. I really want to read this because I love books about circus' and it's compared to The Night Circus a lot which is one of my favourite books. Need to get to it soon.

4. A Court of Wings and Ruin by Sarah J.Maas

This book isn't even out yet (it comes out in May) but I am so damn excited for it. This will probably end up being my favourite trilogy ever unless the last book let's me down massively which I can't see happening because it's Sarah J.Maas. I'm currently reading A Court of Mist and Fury and I'm loving it even more than the first book. Rhysand is my life.


5. Dorothy Must Die by Danielle Paige

The Wizard of Oz was my favourite story as a child and is still one of my favourite's now and I've heard so many amazing things about this series so I know I need to get to it. It basically surrounds Dorothy being evil and a mission to kill her. This sounds so interesting and cool, and it'll be in the world of Oz which is one I love.




Have you read any of this books, and what did you think? What sci-fi/fantasy books are you most looking forward to?

8 comments:

  1. Gemina is great - maybe not as good as Illuminae (which was one of my favourite books from last year), but still a very interesting read and a nice addition to that world. I really enjoyed Caraval, although I think it suffers a bit from being compared to the Night Circus - I don't think it's as similar as people think, but definitely entertaining in its own right.

    I'm also looking forward to A Court of Wings and Ruin.

    Stef
    the Noveltea Corner

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm sure I'll still enjoy Caraval because it does have a really interesting plot. I think the only reason people compare them is because they both involve a circus haha

      Delete
  2. I was recently recommended Dorothy Must Die. I hadn't heard of it before, and now I'm seeing it everywhere! Can't wait to try it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It seems really interesting doesn't it?

      Delete
  3. I've never read Sarah J. Maas! Sounds like something I need to try if it'll be your favorite series of all time! I love what an eclectic list you have here...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Definitely check her work out! She's so talented

      Delete
  4. Philip K. Dick's novel "Do Androids Dream Of Electric Sheep?" is a cult classic and I highly recommend it. It spawned a classic Ridley Scott movie which was based on the book.

    A short synopsis from Wikipedia:
    The main plot follows Rick Deckard, a bounty hunter who is faced with killing ("retiring") six escaped Nexus-6 model androids, while a secondary plot follows John Isidore, a man of sub-par IQ who aids the fugitive androids. In connection with Deckard's mission, the novel explores the issue of what it is to be human. Unlike humans, the androids are claimed to possess no sense of empathy.

    It would be really cool if you could give the book a read and write a review on it.

    ReplyDelete