Wednesday 19 April 2017

T5W- Favourite LGBTQ+ Reads




Hey guys!

Firstly, IT'S MY BIRTHDAY! I'm finally an adult, 18!!

Today's post is another Top 5 Wednesday. This is a weekly meme where we discuss our top 5 favourite things relating to a certain topic, usually bookish related. If you want to join in, or would just like some more information regarding this, I'll leave the Goodreads page linked here.

This weeks theme is: Favourite LGBTQ+ reads!

When looking for my answers to this questions, I realised I hadn't read as many LGBTQ books as I thought I had but I still read enough to make this list!


1. Simon vs The Homosapien's Agenda by Becky Albertalli

Of course this just has to be number one. This was such a fantastic read and one of the first LGBTQ books I'd read. I loved the characters and the whole coming to terms story was so beautiful, and the writing was great too.

2. The Upside of Unrequited by Becky Albertalli

I will literally read anything that she writes. I loved this book! It was one of my most recent reads and the storyline was so cute and relatable. My favourite aspect of this book was that it wasn't about coming out. Being gay was just a characteristic some of the characters had that made them unique and it wasn't portrayed as a big deal. I loved it.

3. Everything Leads To You by Nina LaCour

Similarly to the last one, the main character being gay wasn't drawn attention to in any way, it was just the fact the romance was girl/girl that allowed us to know this. Plus the whole setting was so cool as it surrounds a girl wanting to become a set designer and I loved seeing that, it was so interesting.


4. Will Grayson, Will Grayson by John Green

One of my all time favourite authors, and although this book wasn't my favourite by him, it was still amazing. I loved how unique this plot was and although I read it ages ago so don't really remember too much about it, I remember friendship playing a huge role which is always something I love to see in books.


5. Geekerella by Ashley Poston

I think this still counts because even though the main characters aren't LGBTQ, some of the side characters are and I really enjoyed this book so I wanted to include it. It's an incredibly diverse and modern take on the classic fairytale and I think it worked really well!




What are some of your favourite LGBTQ+ books? Let me know in the comments!

2 comments:

  1. I just read Geekerella and loved it sooo much - I read it after I wrote this week's T5W, otherwise I would have included it as well! I recently got a copy of Simon Vs and am very excited to read it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Definitely let me know what you think about Simon!!

      Delete