Thursday 27 April 2017

Book Traveling Thursdays #15 - Contemporary Reads!

Hey guys, it's Thursday which means it's time for another Book Traveling Thursday! This is a weekly meme created by Catia where we discuss book covers relating to a certain theme! I will leave the Goodreads page linked here so make sure to check it out and join in.

This weeks theme is: Because in Spring we tend to read more contemporaries, choose your favourite contemporary read.

Considering contemporaries are the genre I read the most, I had a lot of choice here. However I of course don't want to choose a book I've already talked about the covers for so I had to pick one I hadn't talked about yet. The book I'm going to be talking about today is Since You've Been Gone by Morgan Matson.

Original and favourite cover:

Since You've Been Gone

 I really like this cover, I think it's really summery and although I don't normally like people in covers, this one is done really well. It's not too bold, the colour scheme is so pretty and I like the font of the title, it's really unique. I just think it portrays what the story is about really well.


Least favourite cover:

Odkąd cię nie ma
                    (Polish)

If I saw this, I would probably think it is a sci-fi/fantasy book or something. Although I like covers with stars and the night sky on, I just don't like the way this one is done and I don't like the girl taking up half the cover either. It just doesn't make me feel summery or like this will be a fun uplifting read.

Which of these covers is your favourite and what is your favourite contemporary read? Let me know in the comments!

1 comment: