Wednesday 1 February 2017

T5W- Favourite's That Aren't Books/ January Favourites


Hi guys!

It's Wednesday which means T5W time! If you don't know what this is, it's a weekly post in which you post your top 5's relating to a theme that is chosen for each week. I'll leave a link to the Goodreads page here as that will definitely explain it better than I can!


This week's theme is: current favourite's that aren't books. Since I usually do a monthly favourites anyway, I thought I'd kill two birds with one stone and make this post my Top 5 January Favourites! 



MUSIC

My favourite song this month has to be Acquainted by The Weeknd. One of my friends from work showed me this song and even though it was released in 2015, I hadn't heard it until this month. It's classic The Weeknd, very sensual and soothing to listen to. I love how he always manages to get a mix of chilled but with a deep base too. I pretty much love all his music but this one has really been doing it for me this month, his voice is just gorgeous. 






MOVIE

I recently went to the cinema to watch Split and I was expecting to be a little disappointed because of how much this movie was hyped up, but it was seriously as good as everyone was saying- if not better. This movie is about a man who suffers from D.I.D which is a mental order which causes him to have multiple personalities, all who think and feel differently. He kidnaps three girls and the film follows their trying to
escape and his reasoning for capturing the girls. This was such a creepy thriller and I love those type of films so much. It had aspects of horror with jump scares and mild gore but it was mainly a thriller with a much deeper message behind it. I loved everything about this film, the actors were amazing especially James McAvoy, like you have to be amazing to be able to play 23 personalities and make them all convincing. I adored the message that I feel the film portrayed about suffering and pain. It was just overall a fantastic film.

BEAUTY

As you may know, last month I was obsessed with an app called Wish. While on there, I bought a liquid lipstick for £1. I obviously expected it to be rubbish as it was so cheap, but it's honestly one of the best liquid lipsticks I've ever used. It's by a brand called QiBest and I adore it. The colour pay off is incredible, I was expecting barely any colour and it to be thin but it seriously isn't. It's so long lasting, like I will put it on in the morning, eat and drink all day, and it'll still be on when I get home at night. Even then you have to try to get it off, it doesn't just come off. Another thing I love about it, is that it doesn't leave that annoying line that I ALWAYS get when wearing lipstick in the middle of my lips. The applicator is easy to use and control, and it doesn't leave your lips feeling like you've just had botox and can't move like I've found a lot of lipsticks do. Plus the selection of colours are gorgeous. For £1, you just can't go wrong and I would seriously recommend. 

APP


This month the app I've chosen is called 'Stop' and it's a super fun game that you can either play with random opponents or Facebook friends if you choose to connect. I'm terrible at explaining things but here goes. You spin an alaphabet wheel and once it lands on a letter, you then get chosen randomly different categories. These range from things like "Boys names" to "Fruits" to "Elements in the periodic table" and it's totally random which categories you will get. Once you have the categories, you have one minute to write down things that belong in those categories that also start with the letter you spun. If you've ever played Scategories, it's sort of like that. However the twist is, you won't always have one minute to answer. Whoever starts the round off can press the STOP button at any
time, once they've finished inputting all their answers. If they do this, you only have the same amount of time as them to answer, and you'll never know if they pressed the button or when, so you're constantly under pressure to answer as quickly as possible. It's kind of stressful but super fun especially to play with friends if you're competitive. And it's free so, why not!

TV SHOW


Since this month I couldn't add a book to this list, as the challenge is non book related things, I decided to add a TV show in here. I think I'll probably keep this in my monthly favourites anyway since I watch a lot of
TV, and I'm constantly watching new programmes and people like getting new recommendations. Anyway, this month I've gone back to obsessing over Ex On The Beach, since season 6 started on the 17th. Reality TV is my guilty pleasure and I've watched every single episode of EOTB up to date and I love it. It's so dramatic and all the people are so funny, especially as a lot of them wind up the inmates who are already upset about something to cause a reaction. Putting a load of ex's into one house would never be a good idea, with jealous ex girlfriends and possessive ex boyfriends, and people in there just to try crack on with other people's ex's, fireworks are bound to happen (and not in a good way.) There has already been so much happen this season and we're only 3 episodes in. God I love it. Plus you get to look at sexy boys for an hour, why wouldn't you want that?


So that's my monthly favourites AND my T5W this week! Let me know what your favourites this month were in the comments!

1 comment:

  1. Somebody else just had the Split! Wish I'd paid attention to the blog name for you.

    ReplyDelete